Friday, July 31, 2009

I pick myself up and get back in the race

I pick myself up and get back in the race;

In this game of love, i'm the underdog,
the black horse, the bottom of pile.
i don't mind starting late, but finishing first.
the prize i would win is you, my trophy.
the fact remains that i would never win this race.
he's just faster, stronger and better.
i'm fine with the thought of never being two inches closer to you but,
heed this reminder, i will always be there.

through the rain, your knight in shining armor will come through.
i would be your prince charming that kisses you awake from your sleep.
i would be your cure to any ailments you may have.
to end this script, i have few words of affection;

that's life, that's what all the people say. you're riding high in april, shot down in may.
that's me.

Ian Goh

No comments:

Post a Comment